Wednesday, October 19, 2016

My future job

Hi everyone! In this opportunity I have to talk about my future job and I would say that I have already experienced it. I'm currently in my fourth year of the career Physical Anthropology and in the last days, I have to work for my thesis so I have to extract DNA from saliva samples. This is a genetic study and its aim is to know the origin of the north populations of Chile.

Since I started the mention of Physical Anthropology, I liked the area of genetics, so I imagined myself working in a laboratory, with white apron and gloves. This is an indoor job, where everything has to be clean for avoid the contamination of the samples. I’m very thorough and a few days ago, someone who works with me, told me that I was an OCD person(Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), so I think that I’m qualified for this job hahaha.

But Genetics are not the only subject that I like, I’m interesting in the Bioarchaeology too, so If I have the chance to work in an archaeology site with humans remains, I would travel for the country and maybe out of Chile and I would like that.

Thinking in the future, I would like to take a master degree in Biomedical Sciences and try to connect the genetics with the pathologies and the cultural factors. Well, I hope I can graduate first hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment