Tuesday, October 4, 2016

My favourite TV Show

Well, well, I don't think that this topic will be very difficult to me. I declare myself a adiccted to TV series, and I usually watch them in my computer, when I have free time and when I haven't too hehehe. After a lot of time thinking, I choosed "Avatar: The last airbender" as my favourite TV series. In this case, I started see this serie on TV, when it was transmited by Mega about five or six years ago. 

Avatar -not the movie of blue creatures- is an animated serie of three seasons with  twenty episodes each aproximately. It  was about a world which was divided in four nations: The water tribe, the fire nation, the earth's kingdom and the air nomads. The opening narrate the whole story in a clear way. One hundred years ago, the four nations lived in armony, where there was people that can controle a element (water, earth, fire or air) and people who can't. The Avatar was the master who can control all the elements and she or he had the mission of maintain the peace on the world. -But everything changed when the fire nation attacked- because the fire lord, Ozai, wanted to create a new age for the fire nation where they rule the whole world, so it produced a war between nations, where the air nomads were exterminated, the water tribes and earth's kingdom were let to the end because they had army to protect their limits. 

The character that can overcome this situation is the Avatar, Aang, the only surviving member of the air nomads, a child of 12 years but actually he is 112 years old. He was brought up by monks, so he is very kind and sweet and only used the violence when he has to. He meet to Katara and Soka, the first is a watebender and she play the role of mum in the group. Soka is the brother of Katara and he is a natural strategist. In the season two, they meet Toph, a blind earthbender who is strongest of the group. At final of the show, Zuko join to the group, a firebender who wants to overthrow his own father. 

About my favourite episode, I don't have an only one. But now I can only think in the last episode where we could see a great battle between the Phoenix King and the Avatar. It was very impressive for me and I repeat this scene many times. 

I love this serie because it has great music, the characters are very mature for their age and the control of the elements has always been very interesting for me. I used to watch episodes of this serie two times for semester at least when I need to cheer up myself.

2 comments:

  1. Great music? Check
    Interesting yet developed characters? Check
    A wise old man who loves tea? Check
    A great series that would pass the test of time and should be seen by people of all ages? Pretty much. I need to do a marathon of this show now

    ReplyDelete